On Wednesday, December 5th, 2018 Hunger Free Colorado was awarded the Mytech Partners Make A Difference Community Partner Grant worth up to $250,000.00 in managed and professional IT services. Hunger Free Colorado is a statewide nonprofit organization which connects families and individuals to food resources and fuels change in systems, policies, and social views to ensure all Coloradans have access to affordable, nutritious food.
The Make a Difference Community Partner Grant was open to small and midsized nonprofit organizations in Colorado. Over 30 organizations applied and shared how their organizations make a positive impact on the community. In addition, each organization explained their current technology obstacles and plans to leverage technology in the future to further their organizations mission. As part of their application, Suzanne Bruce, Director of Development & Special Projects at Hunger Free Colorado, stated; “Technology is critical for Hunger Free Colorado because it facilitates the connection between Coloradans in need and food resources, helps to educate the public about hunger, and improves communications to serve the community more effectively and efficiently.”
In addition to the grand prize, the top five finalists were awarded a strategic IT roadmap and network risk assessment. Runner-ups were (not in any particular order):
- Families First Colorado http://www.familiesfirstcolorado.org/
- Freedom Service Dogs https://freedomservicedogs.org/
- Friends of Foothills Animal Shelter https://foothillsanimalshelter.org/
- Hope’s Promise https://www.hopespromise.com/
- The Spring Institute https://springinstitute.org/
All applicants were given two spots to one of our monthly Microsoft O365 Immersion Experiences.
In addition to the prizes given by Mytech Partners, two of our vendor partners donated services, including:
- A One Day Effective Leadership and Visioning Session, estimated value $9000, from our partner Webolutions. Denver’s Top Web Design & Internet Marketing Company
- Five (5) Salesforce QuickStart Implementation Packages (80 hours of development work/$5000.00 each). This is brought to you by our partner Apoorva, an Information Technology (IT) Services company delivering Strategic Technology Assessments, Data Management Solutions, Cost-Effective Application Development, and Software Engineering/Support Services.
Nathan Austin, Co-Founder of Mytech Partners, stated: “As part of our mission, To Grow, Help, and Make a Difference, we believe by giving back to our community we can make a difference in the community as a whole. We are excited to take this opportunity to share our expertise and help set a local business up for success through technology.” Patti Gustafson, General Manager at Mytech Partners added: “I’m thrilled that we will have an opportunity to impact and enable these organizations.”
Mytech Partners looks forward to working with Hunger Free Colorado and all of the deserving organizations that applied.